Auscript has provided services to the Family Court of Australia for more than 25 years.
The Family Court is a superior court of record which aims to resolve complex family legal disputes, including parenting and financial cases.
In 2009, Auscript rolled out its digital recording systems across all 130 Family Court courtrooms. In 2014, Auscript was re-awarded the exclusive contract for digital recording and transcription management for the Family Court. As part of this, we carried out a complete refresh of all recording infrastructure and software. Today, we remotely record and monitor all Family Court proceedings using our secure network. Our skilled Audio Transcribers type proceedings within minutes of the spoken word – allowing fast delivery of an accurate transcript.
Who can order a transcript or recording?
Please note that not all audio recordings of all matters heard in the Family Court are available for review or purchase. Approval is granted at the Court’s discretion.
Delivery of the electronic transcript seconds behind the spoken word both in the courtroom and to remote clients, giving you the ability to flag events and take notes in the transcript instantaneously. Make an enquiry.
Same Day Progressive
The draft transcript of the morning session is delivered prior to the commencement of the afternoon session, with the final transcript of the whole day delivered by 6 PM. Progressive transcripts must be ordered and confirmed by 10 AM (local time) on the day the matter occurs.
The final transcript of the entire day’s proceedings is delivered by 6 PM. Same Day transcripts must be ordered and confirmed before 10 AM (local time) on the day the matter occurs.
The final transcript is delivered within 10 business hours of order confirmation. For example, if the transcript is ordered and confirmed before 8 AM, the transcript will be delivered by 8 AM the following business day.
Final transcript delivered within 15 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 30 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 50 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 100 business hours of the order confirmation.
- Real Time: 10 business days’ notice is required for real-time enquiries.
- Same Day Progressive: If matters are commenced past 4:15 PM, the final transcript of that portion of proceedings will be delivered by 12 PM the next business day, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Same Day: If matters sit past 4:15 PM, a partial transcript will be delivered by 6 PM that day, with the final transcript being delivered by 12 PM the next business day. If matters are commenced past 4:15 PM, the final transcript of that portion of proceedings will be delivered by 12 PM the next business day, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Next Day: When a hearing sits over multiple days, and transcripts for each day are ordered on a Next Day turnaround, transcripts will be delivered one per day on consecutive days following each day of the hearing.
We can accept requests for urgent transcripts at any time.
- Order quickly and easily through our online portal.
You can select your delivery preference when ordering:
- Hardcopy delivered by mail or by a Courier
- Court.fm access can be provided so you can securely stream court recorded audio *
- A CD of the recordings can be delivered by mail or Courier.*
*Access to court audio (through Court.fm or CD) must be granted by the court registry, and will only be available on site at the registry.
Transcript costs can vary greatly depending on how many words are spoken in each matter. The average hearing results in approximately 140 words being spoken per minute. Click on Quick Calculator for an estimate of costs.
You can choose the exact period of proceedings you require so you only pay for what you need.
No. Sharing transcripts is a direct breach of copyright. In instances where transcript sharing is suspected or admitted to, Auscript reserves the right to withhold services.