Auscript has provided services to the Federal Circuit Court (FCC) of Australia since 2014.
The Federal Circuit Court is an independent federal court of law and equity under the Australian Constitution. Prior to 1999, the Federal Circuit Court was the Federal Magistrates Court. The FCC jurisdiction is concurrent with that of the Family Court and Federal Court, meaning the FCC has no exclusive jurisdiction. The FCC was established to provide a simple and accessible alternative to litigation in the Federal Court and the Family Court and to relieve the workload of those courts.
Today, Auscript exclusively provides digital recording and transcript production services across all FCC courtrooms in Australia. We remotely record and monitor Federal Circuit Court proceedings using our secure network. Our skilled Audio Transcribers type proceedings within minutes of the spoken word – allowing fast delivery of an accurate transcript.
Who can order a transcript or recording?
Please note that not all audio recordings of all matters heard in the FCC – Family Court are available for review or purchase. Approval is granted at the Court’s discretion.
Turnaround Times: FCC - Federal and Family
Delivery of the electronic transcript seconds behind the spoken word both in the courtroom and to remote clients, giving you the ability to flag events and take notes in the transcript instantaneously. Make an enquiry.
Same Day Progressive
The draft transcript of the morning session is delivered prior to the commencement of the afternoon session, with the final transcript of the whole day delivered by 6 PM. Progressive transcripts must be ordered and confirmed by 10 AM (local time) on the day the matter occurs.
The final transcript of the entire day’s proceedings is delivered by 6 PM. Same Day transcripts must be ordered and confirmed before 10 AM (local time) on the day the matter occurs.
The final transcript is delivered within 10 business hours of order confirmation. For example, if the transcript is ordered and confirmed before 8 AM, the transcript will be delivered by 8 AM the following business day.
Final transcript delivered within 15 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 30 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 50 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 100 business hours of the order confirmation.
- Real Time: 10 business days’ notice is required for real-time enquiries.
- Same Day Progressive: If matters are commenced past 4:15 PM, the final transcript of that portion of proceedings will be delivered by 12 PM the next business day, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Same Day: If matters sit past 4:15 PM, a partial transcript will be delivered by 6 PM that day, with the final transcript being delivered by 12 PM the next business day. If matters are commenced past 4:15 PM, the final transcript of that portion of proceedings will be delivered by 12 PM the next business day, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Next Day: When a hearing sits over multiple days, and transcripts for each day are ordered on a Next Day turnaround, transcripts will be delivered one per day on consecutive days following each day of the hearing.
You can select your delivery preference when ordering:
- Hardcopy delivered by mail or by a Courier
- Court.fm access can be provided so you can securely stream court recorded audio
- A CD of the recordings can be delivered by mail or Courier.
Transcript costs can vary greatly depending on how many words are spoken in each matter. The average hearing results in approximately 140 words being spoken per minute. Click on Quick Calculator for an estimate of costs.
You can choose the exact time of the proceeding that you require transcribed so you only pay for what you need.
No. Sharing transcripts is a direct breach of copyright. In instances where transcript sharing is suspected or admitted to, Auscript reserves the right to withhold services.