The Federal Court is a superior court of record and a court of law and equity.
It sits in all capital cities, and elsewhere in Australia from time to time. The Federal Court’s jurisdiction is broad, covering almost all civil matters arising under Australian Federal law, and some summary and indictable criminal matters.
Auscript, a VIQ Solutions Company, has had a 35-year relationship with the Federal Court. In fact, we installed Australia’s first digital court recording system in 70 Federal Court courtrooms in 2006. Our expert In-Court Monitors set up recordings and create log notes to capture the proceedings. Our skilled Audio Transcribers type proceedings within minutes of the spoken word – allowing fast delivery of an accurate transcript.
Who can order a transcript?
Please note that Auscript cannot provide judgments to parties. In most cases, judgments are made available free of charge by the Commonwealth on the Federal Court of Australia website after the matter occurs.
Delivery of the electronic transcript seconds behind the spoken word both in the courtroom and to remote clients, giving you the ability to flag events and take notes in the transcript instantaneously. Make an enquiry.
Same Day Progressive
The draft transcript of the morning session is delivered prior to the commencement of the afternoon session, with the final transcript of the whole day delivered by 6 PM. Progressive transcripts must be ordered and confirmed by 10 AM (local time) on the day the matter occurs.
The final transcript of the entire day’s proceedings is delivered by 6 PM. Same Day transcripts must be ordered and confirmed before 10 AM (local time) on the day the matter occurs.
The final transcript is delivered within 10 business hours of order confirmation. For example, if the transcript is ordered and confirmed before 8 AM, the transcript will be delivered by 8 AM the following business day.
Final transcript delivered within 15 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 30 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 50 business hours of the order confirmation.
Final transcript delivered within 100 business hours of the order confirmation.
- Real Time: 10 business days’ notice is required for real-time enquiries.
- Same Day Progressive: If matters are commenced past 4:15 PM, the final transcript of that portion of proceedings will be delivered by 12 PM the next business day, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Same Day: If matters sit past 4:15 PM, a partial transcript will be delivered by 6 PM that day, with the final transcript being delivered by 12 PM the next business day. If matters are commenced past 4:15 PM, the final transcript of that portion of proceedings will be delivered by 12 PM the next business day, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Next Day: When a hearing sits over multiple days, and transcripts for each day are ordered on a Next Day turnaround, transcripts will be delivered one per day on consecutive days following each day of the hearing.
We can accept requests for urgent transcripts at any time.
- Order quickly and easily through our online portal.
You can select your delivery preference when ordering:
- Hardcopy delivered by mail or by a Courier.
Transcript costs can vary depending on how many words are spoken in each matter. In the Federal Court, the average hearing results in approximately 130 words being spoken per minute. Click on Quick Calculator for an estimate of costs.
You can choose the exact time of the proceeding that you require transcribed so you only pay for what you need.
No. Sharing transcripts is a direct breach of copyright. In instances where transcript sharing is suspected or admitted to, Auscript reserves the right to withhold services.