Auscript is one of the world's largest transcription and court recording firms.
Auscript is one of the world’s largest transcription and court recording firms. We are part of the For The Record Group of companies who specialise in providing end-to-end services to support the digital recording, capture and transcription of the spoken word across government, legal and corporate fields, as well as servicing the needs of private individuals. At Auscript we ensure we deliver fast, precise and secure recordings and transcripts by using our For The Record’s world-leading court recording technologies.
This opportunity allows you to decide how much or how little you’d like to work. How many positions are out there that let you get that perfect work/life balance? Not many! As one of our on-demand Audio Transcriber Contractors you can structure your hours around your UNI schedule, the kids and even your gym timetable. Due to an increased demand, we are now seeking interest from Audio Transcribers and Stenographers. This is an opportunity for on-demand contractors to work alongside our permanent team. Your services will include transcribing digital audio spanning across legal, courts, government and corporate fields as well for private individuals.
If you are looking for the flexibility to deliver your services along with the skills, experience and interest to provide transcription services we would love to hear from you!
- You will have a minimum typing speed of 80 wpm with a proven commitment to accuracy at a rate of 98.25%
- Excellent knowledge of the English language with a strong emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar
- A proven eye for detail with the ability to effectively listen and concentrate for periods of time
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills and be someone who enjoys working to deadlines
About the Tools
You will need a computer with the following requirements:
CPU – Intel® Core™ i3 Processor or equivalent (minimum), Intel® Core™ i5 Processor or equivalent (recommended)
Memory – 4GB (minimum), 8 GB (recommended)
- software that’s capable of playing MP3 audio files with a compatible digital foot pedal to control audio speed (Apple computers are unfortunately not compatible with the Record Player)
- Internet connectivity with a minimum download speed of 1.5 megabits per second
- Minimum Microsoft Word 2007
- Latest industry standard anti-virus/security software
You will also have an ABN or ACN with a Trading Name as well as the appropriate public and personal insurances
The Next Steps
To register your interest please apply and attach your CV and cover letter and we will be in contact with you soon regarding initial testing.