For select jurisdictions, Auscript is transitioning from the current portal, MyAuscript, to Transcript Express—a world-first online platform for managing access to transcripts.
Auscript’s online transcript ordering processes will be enhanced through Transcript Express, the online platform that simplifies and streamlines your transcript ordering experience.
Transcript Express creates efficiencies within the court system by automating and streamlining manual and time-consuming processes involved in locating, managing, storing, ordering, and distributing court audio and video files and transcripts.
Transcript Express benefits the entire justice system by improving accessibility, increasing transparency, and reducing administrative burden on everyone involved in accessing the court record.
The platform also increases the security of the court record, centralises transcript orders, displays progress updates on current orders and provides cost estimates and payments in one place.
Expediting access to the court record helps resolve legal matters in a timely and efficient manner.
- Transcript Express will be available for all orders relating to matters heard in the Federal Court of Australia, Family Court of Australia or Federal Circuit Court of Australia.
- Orders relating to matters heard in all other jurisdictions will continue to be processed through MyAuscript.
Transcript Express will be available on the following dates:
- 16 August 2021 – orders relating to matters heard in the Family Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- 9 September 2021 – orders relating to matters heard in the Federal Court of Australia
You can place orders through MyAuscript for matters heard in the above courts before these launch dates.
- To create an account, you will need to navigate to this page and enter your first name, last name and email address, complete the reCAPTCHA, and click Create Account. You will receive an email at the email address you entered asking you to confirm your email address (check your junk/SPAM mailboxes if you cannot see it within a few minutes). You will need to verify your email before you can access your account. On the new screen, enter your chosen password and click Create Password.
- Auscript and For The Record are part of the For The Record Group of companies, which specialise in providing access to justice through accurate and timely court records. For The Record’s Australian-based product development team created Transcript Express for use in court jurisdictions around the world.
- Payments can be made via credit card. If your organisation would like to apply for a trade account, please contact our Finance Team.
- Yes, Same Day options are available for the Federal Court of Australia, Family Court of Australia or Federal Circuit Court of Australia through this platform.
- Orders for Same Day transcript options need to be placed and paid for by 10am (local time) on the day the matter is heard.
- Price estimates are based on specific times rather than full day court sitting times. When entering the proceeding details into the Transcript Express price estimator, please ensure you are as specific as possible.
- I.e. rather than 9AM – 5PM, enter 10:15AM – 12:30PM and 2:15PM – 4:30PM.
- Our Finance team currently needs to link any new user accounts for Transcript Express to the correct billing group within the associated trade account, which can take time to process.
- If you need to urgently order a transcript via a trade account, please contact our Client Services team.