Casual Court Monitor/Logger
Auscript is one of the world’s leading providers of court recording and transcription services, with close to 100 years’ experience in the industry and nine offices throughout Australia and the UK. We’re part of a fast-growing, global group of companies, including For The Record (FTR), known for its innovative solutions that are driving digital transformation in the justice system.
Since 1921 our team has significantly expanded, yet we still put quality service at the heart of everything we do, and our people are our priority.
When you work for Auscript, you’ll be energised to find yourself among a skilled, enthusiastic team driven to do their best work. You’ll find meaning and purpose in your role – a feeling that’s hard to find in many jobs. For more information visit auscript.com/careers
About the opportunity:
We opened our London office in April of 2017 and we are looking for motivated individuals to join us on this journey as we expand our services in the UK.
Court Monitors/Loggers ensure courts capture accurate audio records by recording and transmitting audio on Auscript portable recording equipment and creating annotations, event flagging and commenting log notes.
As part of your duties, you will need to become familiar with operating a portable recording kit, Windows 10 and logging on to applications, with the ability to overcome problems by troubleshooting with instructions and remote technical support.
This is a casual position requiring availability 5 days per week.
To be successful is this role, you will need to be reliable, with good time management, attention to detail, strong communication skills and calmness under pressure.
- 100% recording, transmission and logging of events.
- Court monitoring ability – include operating, monitoring and recording of multiple courts and other hearing events.
- Maintain quality, accuracy and timeliness of output and productivity.
- Timely completion of information/glossaries/recording supplied using Auscript’s systems.
- Knowledge and application of English grammar, punctuation, syntax and an understanding of the legal terminology.
- Other duties as required by the manager of the role.
- Intermediate technical IT/AV troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced keyboard skills (Microsoft Word).
- Knowledge and application of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax skills.
- Attention to detail and focus.
- Time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Exposure to the legal industry.
- Understanding of legal terminology.
If you take pride in quality work, have a keen eye for detail and want to make a difference – supporting access to justice – please apply today by sending your CV.