Who we are:
For The Record Group, incorporating Auscript is a fast growing, global business with our solutions installed in Courts and Tribunals globally, and provides digital recording and transcription solutions to a majority of the Courts in Australia. The digital solutions and services provided by For The Record and Auscript allows Courts around the world to capture, distribute and maintain court recordings and transcripts. We are currently focussed on global penetration and growth with our latest industry-leading technologies driving digital transformation in the justice system. We have an ongoing goal to continue to build an enviable work culture and environment that inspires our employees.
To merge and distribute transcripts to clients in a timely manner, while continually reviewing productivity and quality against client requirements. Liaising with clients and Production Supervisor to ensure the consistent high level of client service, satisfaction and timeliness of output and where appropriate providing feedback to Office Managers regarding quality of transcripts produced by the team. Along with the above this position is required to deliver high quality, professional and profitable client service through the transcription of audio recordings using a word processor.
- To merge and distribute quality and accurate transcripts to clients in a timely manner.
- To transcribe audio recordings using a word processor ensuring a high quality, professional and profitable output.
- To provide individual and team feedback to Production Manager/Supervisor regarding accuracy and quality of transcript in order to maintain quality control.
- To act as a technical reference point to staff and to provide hands on training and advice as required.
- Provide effective level of support to the Production Manager/Supervisor and to carry out duties as required by the manager of the role.
- Advance keyboard skills (Microsoft Word).
- Excellent understanding of legal terminology.
- Good knowledge and application of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax skills.
- Attention to detail and focus.
- Time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Exposure to the legal industry
- Understanding of legal terminology.
- Previous audio transcribing experience.
- Typing speed of 70 WPM and accuracy at 98.25%.