Freelance Audio Transcribers – United Kingdom
Auscript is one of the world’s leading providers of court recording and transcription services, with close to 100 years’ experience in the industry and nine offices throughout Australia and the UK. We’re part of a fast-growing, global group of companies, known for its innovative solutions that are driving digital transformation in the justice system.
Since 1921 our team has significantly expanded, yet we still put quality service at the heart of everything we do, and our people are our priority.
When you work for Auscript, you’ll be energised to find yourself among a skilled, enthusiastic team driven to do their best work. You’ll find meaning and purpose in your role – a feeling that’s hard to find in many jobs. For more information visit auscript.com/careers
About the opportunity:
As our world-leading transcription solution is expanding into the UK, we are currently looking for motivated Audio Transcribers and experienced Stenographers to join us on a freelance, on-demand bases.
This opportunity allows flexibility for you to decide how much or how little, and where you’d like to work. How many positions are out there that provide the perfect work/life balance? Not many! As one of our on-demand Audio Transcriber freelancers, you can structure your hours around your UNI schedule, the kids and even your gym routine.
In this role, you will be responsible for transcribing digital audio from a variety of interesting legal matters, including court proceedings, as well as a wide selection of work from government, corporate and private clients.
If you are looking for the flexibility to deliver your skills, experience and interest in providing transcription services, we would love to hear from you!
To be successful in this role, you must possess the skills and attributes outlined below:
- You have a minimum typing speed of 80 wpm with a proven commitment to accuracy at a rate of 99%
- Excellent knowledge of the English language with a particular emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Acute attention to detail
- Effective listening and concentration skills
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work within deadlines
Previous audio transcription experience will be highly regarded, whether legal, medical or administrative, however, training will be provided to the successful candidates. Security cleared candidates are also encouraged to apply. Competitive remuneration available, directly linked to performance, therefore you must be capable of producing high quality work consistently.
About the tools:
Freelance transcriptionists must possess computer skills and necessary technical equipment.
- Memory– 4GB (minimum), 8 GB (recommended)
- Software that’s capable of playing MP3 audio files with a compatible digital foot pedal to control audio speed (Apple computers are unfortunately not compatible with the Record Player)
- Internet connectivity with a minimum download speed of 1.5 megabits per second
- Minimum Microsoft Word 2007
- Latest industry standard anti-virus/security software
If you’re looking for flexibility in your schedule, take pride in quality work and want to make a difference – supporting access to justice – apply now.
To register your interest please apply and attach your CV and cover letter and we will be in contact with you soon regarding initial testing.
Successful candidate must reside in and be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Additionally, Independent Freelancers must be possess or attain DBS clearance prior to being able to offer any work (of their own accord). BPSS check is also required and managed through Auscript.