Service Desk and AV Technician
Need a fast-paced environment? Are you a technically savvy customer champion? Keen to get insight to law and Court proceedings?
About the opportunity:
You will be responsible for technical and product support to both external and internal customers. You will have specific SLA’s and ensure high client satisfaction and success.
We are one of the world’s leading providers of court recording and transcription services, with close to 100 years’ experience in the industry and nine offices throughout Australia and the UK. We’re part of a fast-growing, global group of companies, known for its innovative solutions that are driving digital transformation in the justice system.
Since 1921 our team has significantly expanded, yet we still put quality service at the heart of everything we do, and our people are our priority.
When you work with Auscript, you’ll be energised to find yourself among a skilled, enthusiastic team driven to do their best work. You’ll find meaning and purpose in your role – a feeling that’s hard to find in many jobs. For more information visit auscript.com/careers
We are proud of what we do and love delivering exceptional work to our clients and the justice community. We want to hear from people who take pride in their work and are interested in joining us in this journey!
To be successful in this role, you must possess the skills and attributes outlined below:
Role Specific Outcomes
- Provide staff, freelancers and external customers, with 1st Class Support, inline with SLA,s in all regions, for both Auscript and FTR.
- Assist with the delivery for same day services, this may involve travelling to Courts and assisting with the setup and troubleshooting of portable audio recording kits.
All Support Outcomes
- Achieve 1st class proactive and reactive support for Auscript/FTR and court recording systems, in line with SLA’s and good client feedback.
- Processes and knowledge are up to date and maintained with the ITSM system, to enable product support and service delivery.
- Ensuring all IT assets are supported and accounted for within the asset management system.
- Ensuring staff movements are maintained, with access to systems provided through a least privileged environment.
- Reporting of all security incidents through the ITSM tool.
Primary Role Accountabilities
- Accurate case\incident management and tracking through the ITSM platform, ensuring that all incidents received, are accurately recorded, categorised, prioritised and managed through the ITSM platform to resolution, within SLA’s.
- Escalation of incidents to other FTR/Auscript teams, to ensure the successful resolution of incidents, within SLA.
- Ensuring all incidents are up to date, and handed over at the end of shift.
- Develop, monitor and maintain processes, procedures in the ITSM tool for service delivery.
- Assisting Level 3 Support in reviewing and developing knowledgebase articles, FAQs and other technical documentation with the ITSM tool as required.
- Provide End User equipment and application support for internal teams.
- Manage request fulfilment, maintenance and support of internal End User equipment, including PC’s, printers, phones, ensuring that they are captured in the asset management systems.
- User management of accounts, through systems such as activity directory, ensuring that access is providing on a least privilege model.
- Support and troubleshooting of portal recording kits.
Role Challenges and Special Working Conditions
- Position holder to be available after hours when required.
- Ability to travel as required
- Operate within a Global support team.
Essential Work Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Basic IT or AV experience.
- Exposure to Microsoft technologies particular, Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Group Policy, Active Directory and NTFS permissions.
- Experience with remote PC support.
- Basic network troubleshooting.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to directly interface with clients.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding.
- General commercial awareness of impact of client requirements.
- Demonstrated flexibility to successfully deal with competing priorities.
- Experience planning and prioritizing workload and demonstrating initiative.
- Demonstrated experience in working as part of a remote team.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.