Need a fast-paced environment? Keen to get insight to law and Court proceedings?
We have just opened a new office, located in Birmingham City Centre, and currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager!
About the opportunity:
The Operations Manager will oversee all UK operations and will be responsible for the effective and successful leadership of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Global Production Department.
Responsibilities include close management of performance and meeting Client SLA’s, interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; discussing with employees performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and engagement.
We are one of the world’s leading providers of court recording and transcription services, with close to 100 years’ experience in the industry and nine offices throughout Australia and the UK. We’re part of a fast-growing, global group of companies, known for its innovative solutions that are driving digital transformation in the justice system.
At Auscript, we put quality service at the heart of everything we do, and our people are our priority.
When you work with Auscript, you’ll be energised to find yourself among a skilled, enthusiastic team driven to do their best work. You’ll find meaning and purpose in your role – a feeling that’s hard to find in many jobs. For more information visit auscript.com/careers
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced. Including building strategies around the support and engagement of remote and in house teams.
- Leadership and execution building production teams with the necessary skills in the UK market.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this including on boarding, testing and overall support for the training/recruitment process.
- Training of staff and managers to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
- Acting as a liaison to the global senior management team and working actively with the global production leadership team.
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and all production and business targets are met.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process including supporting with the implementation and management of global systems, including workflow and HR.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- To enhance organizational output, by setting achievable goals, and promote sharing of ideas by enhancing effective communication amongst business stakeholders.
- Assist with the Global Production Team with duties including:
- To provide individual and team feedback regarding productivity, accuracy and quality of output.
- To act as a technical reference point to all staff.
- Provide mentoring and coaching sessions to staff.
- To advise Management of any staff performance and/or reclassification issues.
- To perform staff performance counselling in a timely and effective manner.
Essential work experience, qualifications and skills
- Leadership – More than 5 years’ experience in people leadership
- Conflict Management
- Planning – staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans for the future are clearly labelled out for everyone to follow.
- Problem Solving – adapting to the ever changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
- Clear logically decision-making
- People Management – including, mentoring and engagement, training and performance management
- Deadline-Oriented – worked in live environments that require delivery on-time daily,
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Clear, Concise Communication Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Presentation – Presenting ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management.
- Team working – fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all products are delivered on time and company goals are met.
Successful candidate must have legal right to work in the UK. Additionally, the candidate must be able to successfully pass BPSS/DBS background check.