The Production Scheduler will follow company guidelines and objectives in terms of prioritisation, forecasting and planning. They will assess changes in sales volumes, allocate resources between various parallel projects, and develop solutions for scheduling demand.
The Production Scheduler performs the following responsibilities:
- Review schedules weekly to create and edit an overview for Workflow Scheduling
- Responsible for distributing work to internal and remote workforces and providing clear communication and guidance to Production team
- Review daily capacity and report where orders may not be met, or require renegotiation
- Manage emails in a timely manner
- Escalate any bottlenecks and issues to the Production Supervisor to as they arise
- Maintain communication and follow up to ensure deadlines and KPI’s are met daily.
- Report on capacity and workflow gaps for service delivery.
- Respond to Client Services team on priority and urgent orders, and coordinate same with Production Supervisor
- Work closely with Production Support/Client Services, ensuring timely communications on urgent orders
- Escalate urgent/priority requests and client complaints to the Production Supervisor where required
Essential Work Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- 3 + years experience in production scheduling in a similar environment
- Experience in a high volume work environment, with competing priorities
- Strong scheduling, clerical and administration skills
- Strong time management, planning and organisational skills
- High Attention to detail
- Conceptual, analytical and strategic thinker
- Intermediate to advanced keyboard skills (Microsoft Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic technical IT troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility in working hours from 7am to 7pm and including weekends
- Experience planning and prioritising workload and demonstrating initiative
- General commercial awareness of impact of client requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding.
- Proactive and solutions driven
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and budgetary limitations
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritise.
Successful candidates must have legal right to work in the UK, as well as successfully pass BPSS/DBS background screening.